Monday, December 1, 2014

Curly Paper Wreath

    So these beautiful wreaths have been around awhile, but I just never got around to making one. Well since they don't involve many supplies and I can do it sitting here recovering, I thought I may as well give it a go.  

     I had actually bought a wreath to do this over the summer with some pretty floral paper. However before I could get it done, the wreath was taken by the kids and destroyed.  They were about $5 at Walmart when I bought that one, but the one I used for my wreath was a tad bit smaller but came from Dollar Tree!  I think they only have these this time of year because I have looked for them before without success. 





   The paper I used was candelight Christmas which is retired but it was the only Christmas paper the kids could happen to find in my scrapbook room so that's what I went with.  It will be nice when I can finally get back downstairs and play again. 

  There are directions and videos all over the internet for these so I won't go into great detail but basically start with a styrofoam wreath base. (The hard rounded kind, not the ones that crumble easy.) Get a pack of dsp, whatever colors you like, then cut into strips. I cut mine at 3/4 inch, I have seen some do them in 1/2 or even 1.  I thought 1 inch looked too wide but 3/4 seems to be nice. Then while watching tv, curl the strips. Mine did not curl easy with a bone folder, but they did curl around a pen nicely. I curled each end towards the middle, alternating strips so some had one design showing and the rest of the pile had the other side of the paper out. Then insert straight pins in the middle of each strip and push into the wreath. 



The online extravaganza is still happening! Have you shopped yet? Some of the deals have sold out fast! I think the blendabilities only last an hour or so! 


Click the picture to see all the deals or you can see them from my store. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace